Friday, February 11, 2005

A little explanation on this blog.

Just in case you are wondering why I am posting this blog anonymously. Primarily because I want the interest to be in God and His Word, not in me. There are people out there who know me by the sketchy bio and that is enough. And there are a few in my family and home church that I told that I was doing a blog and supplied the address. The main reason is to promote the Word of God and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to any who want to truly know Him, so I am out of the picture. There is a verse that I always remember in Luke 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. (KJV) I as a servant of Christ am expected to obey all commands given in the Word of God, however, I can never profit God in faithful obedience. I can never repay God for what He did in Christ because of His love for me. Out of love on my part I want to serve Him, because He saved me from my sins and wrote my name in His Book of Life! Praise God for His wonderful works to the children of men! As Job said in Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: (KJV). This is then my reason for not giving my name or other information as to who I am, it is not important, God is the one to know and you and I need to know Him personally. This we can do through Jesus Christ for He told Philip in Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? (KJV). In another place Jesus said, Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one. (KJV), to know Jesus is to know the Father.

I wrote earlier that God manifests himself in three personas, God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit. The hard thing for us to grasp is that God is one yet can operate in three separate personas. This is an area of faith; we believe it because God's Word says it plainly to us. All three come together in the creation; in Genesis it says, 'in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth' then it says, 'and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.' Then in John's gospel we read, Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (KJV). The Word here is a name for Christ. And one more from Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (KJV) This is a way I can see and understand the character of God and His three personas which we refer as the Trinity or the Triune God. We can know Him! This is a wonderful thought! Even better, He wants to know us, Jesus said, Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (KJV) Whosoever believes in the only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, may have everlasting life, life eternal in the presence of God, forever and ever, it is too marvalous, but then so is God's love for us!

Know Jesus Christ for He can save your immortal soul; I am only a very weak servant of His trying to witness of His great love for you. We will write again if the Lord wills. May God help you to know Him, your friend in Christ, Truthseeker.
|